ONLINE TERMS OF SALE
This page tells you information about us and the legal terms (Terms) on which we sell any of the products or services (Products) listed on our website (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Marketsnapp Limited a company registered in England under company number 9625451 and with our registered office at 21-23 Tooting High Street, Tooting High Street, London SW17 0SN, United Kingdom. Our website is an electronic marketing platform which lists products or services for sale by our merchants to customers. Please note that we are not selling these products or services in our own right but as agent for each merchant selling them.
2. OUR PRODUCTS
The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of the Products may also vary from that shown on images on our site.
3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN US
3.1 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process. 3.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us (on behalf of the merchant) acknowledging that we have received your order. 3.3 If the merchant is unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because they cannot meet your requested delivery date you will be informed of this by e-mail and the relevant merchant will be responsible for either processing your refund or changing your order.
4. PRICE OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed. The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Charges page.
5. HOW TO PAY
You can pay for Products using PayPal. We (on behalf of the merchant) also accept all major credit and debit cards. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
6. OUR WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCTS
- 6.1 For Products which do not have a manufacturer's guarantee, the merchant provides a warranty that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from delivery, the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described below.
- 6.2 This warranty does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
- (a) fair wear and tear;
- (b) wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
- (c) if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
- (d) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
- (e) any specification provided by you.
- 6.3 If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described.
- 6.4 Neither we nor the merchant do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- (d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- (e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
7. YOUR RIGHT OF RETURN AND REFUND
- 7.1 If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract before the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify the merchant of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
- 7.2 Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed.
- 7.3 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let the merchant know that you have decided to cancel by completing the Cancellation Form in ‘My Account’. Once completed, we will forward your request to the Seller and begin processing your request. You will also receive an e-mail confirming we have received your request. If you are e-mailing the merchant or writing to the merchant please include details of your order to help the merchant to identify it. If you send the merchant your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send the merchant the e-mail or post the letter to the merchant.
- 7.4 If you cancel your Contract the merchant will:
- (a) refund you the price you paid for the Products.
- (b) refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- 7.5 If you have returned the Products to the merchant because they are faulty or mis-described, it will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to it.
- 7.6 If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- (a) then you must return it to the merchant without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let the merchant know that you wish to cancel the Contract;
- (b) unless the Product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to the merchant.
Excluded Items Please note the following items are non-cancellable and non-refundable:
- Personalised or bespoke items that have been made at your request and therefore cannot be resold.
- All perishable products.
- Items that are supplied with a hygiene seal that has been broken. This includes underwear, swimwear and cosmetics.
- Computer software, CDs or DVDs if they are unsealed.
- Other items include: adult, catalytic converters and test pipes, charity and fundraising, contracts, counterfeit currency and stamps, credit cards, drugs and drug paraphernalia, embargoed goods and prohibited countries, event tickets, firearms, weapons and knives, government documents, ID’s and licenses, hazardous or restricted items, household cleaning material & supplies, human remains and body parts, items encouraging illegal activity, items of sexual nature, lock-picking devices, lottery tickets, mailing lists and personal information, manufacturer’s coupons, medical drugs, devices and healthcare, military items, multi-level marketing/pyramid and matrix programs, offensive material, pesticides, plants and seeds, police related items, political memorabilia, postage meters, prescription drugs, prohibited services, real estate, recalled items, slot machines, stamps, stock and other securities, stolen property, surveillance equipment, tobacco and travel. **Marketsnapp Limited reserves the right to remove items which it feels harms the creative nature intended for the platform**
8. IMPORT REGULATIONS AND DUTY
If you order goods from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
9. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
Neither we nor the merchant will be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
- 10.1 A person who is not a party to these terms may not enforce any of them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 10.2 This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.